Plastic Wood Floor Installation Method and Precautions
Plastic wood materials mainly use plastics (recycled waste plastics such as polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) as raw materials, mix them into new wood materials by adding waste plant fibers such as wood powder, rice husk and straw, and then produce plates or profiles through plastic processing processes such as extrusion, molding and injection molding. It is mainly used in building materials, furniture, logistics and packaging industries. Plastic wood flooring is a new type of building materials that has emerged in recent years, and it has just started abroad. The raw materials used for wood plastic products can be waste plastics, waste wood, agricultural and forestry orange stalk and other plant fibers as base materials, without any additional harmful components. Moreover, it can be recycled and reused. It can be called a novel product in the real sense of environmental protection, energy conservation and resource recycling. More and more public places use this kind of floor. Plastic wood flooring has good moisture and water resistance, acid and alkali resistance, fungus inhibition, antistatic, moth proof and other properties, but this material is rarely seen in daily life. What is the reason? Experts pointed out that: plastic wood floor is a new type of detection material, which is in line with people's pursuit of circular economy. The purpose of advocating environmental protection, perhaps 5 years, up to 10 years, plastic wood flooring will replace solid wood flooring and become a widely used building material for home decoration. Now it is rarely used in daily life because of insufficient promotion and price problems. As a result, few people in China know the existence of this kind of material floor. Next, we will introduce the installation methods, installation precautions, installation clearance, characteristics, maintenance tips and purchase misunderstandings of plastic wood flooring. Let's get to know!
Installation method of plastic wood floor
1. Before installation of plastic wood floor
1). From the professional perspective of installing the floor, before starting the installation work, we must keep the plastic wood floor dry, flat and clean, so as to better ensure the smooth progress of subsequent installation work.
2). Prepare installation tools such as electric drill, ordinary woodworking tools, labor protection gloves, stainless steel screws, etc. among them, electric drill is a necessary tool for installing plastic wood floor. The plastic wood floor is brittle. When fixing the floor and keel, you must use an electric drill to guide the hole, and then install screws for fixation to avoid damaging the plastic wood floor.
2、 Installation process of plastic wood floor
1). Fixed plastic wood keel
The plastic wood keels shall be evenly arranged and tiled on the cement ground. It is recommended that the spacing between each keel is 30cm. Use an electric drill to lead the hole on the keel. The diameter of the lead hole shall not be less than the screw diameter. Then screw the screw into the drilled hole to fix the keel on the cement ground. All the screw heads shall be screwed into the keel and shall not be exposed, otherwise the floor layout may be uneven.
2). Fix the first floor
The left and right sides of each plastic wood floor are respectively provided with Yin and Yang grooves. When paving the first floor, the external groove on the outside of the first floor can be sawed off or ground off with woodworking tools, and then the hole is led on the surface of the floor with an electric drill, and the nail is screwed in to fix it on the keel.
3). Fix the second floor
Clamp the male groove of the second plastic wood floor to the female groove of the first floor, then drill an electric pilot hole on the side surface of the male groove of the second floor, screw in the screws to fix it on the keel, and the screw spacing can be controlled by the construction personnel during installation without too dense, so as to ensure firmness. The installation of the plastic wood floor in the back is the same as that in the front, so there is no need to explain more.
Precautions for installation of plastic wood floor
1. Plastic wood can be cut, sawn, drilled and tenoned with ordinary woodworking machinery.
2. Fix the plastic wood keel on the floor with expansion pipe. The spacing between the fixed points of the expansion pipe is 500mm-600mm. The screw cap is lower than the surface of the wood keel. The wood keel needs to be leveled as a whole.
3. Self tapping screws can be used for fastening between plastic wood and plastic wood, and stainless steel self tapping screws are recommended for outdoor use; Self drilling and tapping screws shall be used for plastic wood and steel plate.
4. When self tapping screws are used between plastic wood and plastic wood for fastening, holes shall be led first, that is, pre drilling. The diameter of the pre drilled hole shall be less than 3 / 4 of the screw diameter.
5. When installing the outdoor floor, one screw shall be used between the plastic wood profile and each keel.
6. The installation working surface shall be flat without pits, and the keel spacing l shall be controlled at 300mm ~ 350mm (if the floor is not perpendicular to the keel, it shall be shortened appropriately). Too wide spacing will cause downward bending deformation of floor plate. Expansion joints shall be reserved between longitudinal joints of keels.
7. For the paving of large-area plastic wood floor, it is recommended to use the installation method shown in the figure, and the length of each plastic wood floor shall not exceed 2m.
8. The plastic wood floor shall be edge sealed. The edge of plastic wood floor shall be sealed with plastic wood plate. According to the height of floor keel, the plastic wood plate shall be cut to the required height, and the spacing of self tapping screws for fixing the edge sealing plastic wood material shall be 400mm ~ 600mm. Other metal edge banding strips can also be selected as the edge banding of plastic wood floor.
9. At the junction of the plastic wood floor and the keel, the plastic buckle is used to connect and fix the plastic wood floor and the keel.
Installation clearance of plastic wood floor
1、 Floor mounting clearance
1). Because the plastic wood has the characteristics of slight heat expansion and cold contraction, and considering the reasons such as cleaning, the plastic wood profile is installed side by side; Proper clearance must be left between ends. The reservation of this gap is also closely related to the climate and temperature during construction.
2). When installing the plastic wood floor, it is best to install the profile on the keel. According to the thickness of profile (20mm-40mm), the spacing of keel is generally 400mm-600mm.
3). When there is an inclination between the profile installation and the keel, or when it is installed in the bathhouse, please reduce the spacing of the keel by at least 10cm.
2、 Installation clearance of railing and column
1). Tenon joint should also take into account the characteristics of thermal expansion and cold contraction of plastic wood, and make it have room for expansion and contraction.
2). When installing the column and the road ground, the steel plate can be embedded in the concrete, and the steel plate at the bottom of the column can be welded with the embedded steel plate or fastened with bolts.
3). When the total length of the railing is greater than 300m, the deformation transition column shall be considered.
4). The style and profile specification of the railing are closely related to the span of the railing.
Characteristics of plastic wood flooring
1. Waterproof and moisture-proof. It is well known that wood flooring is very sensitive to water and humidity. Long time immersion in water will cause wood flooring to rot. The moisture-proof, if not noticed, will lead to mildew and decay of the wooden floor. This is a chagrin for many friends, and the moisture-proof and waterproof performance of plastic wood floor is more prominent. Generally, the water can't penetrate into the floor inside.
2. Insect and termite prevention. Pure natural wood flooring will be more or less eaten by insects or bitten by termites, while plastic wood flooring will not, which is also its advantage of longer service life compared with solid wood flooring. Ordinary solid wood floors need to be exterminated regularly.
3. Strong plasticity: due to the diversity of styles and colors of plastic wood flooring, it is suitable for various decoration styles, can realize personalized modeling and reflect personalized design, and its plasticity is much stronger than that of ordinary wood flooring. It is especially suitable for families who like various decoration styles.
4. Environmental protection and pollution-free: the plastic wood floor does not contain benzene, and its formaldehyde content is 0.2, which is lower than the EO standard. It is a European rated environmental protection standard product, and you can rest assured to choose to use it. It will not contain substances harmful to human body.
5. Fire prevention: the plastic wood floor can be effectively flame retardant, and its fire protection grade reaches grade B1. It can extinguish itself in case of fire without producing any toxic gas. In addition, the installation of plastic wood floor is simple and does not need complicated installation technology, so it can save installation time and cost. Is it amazing to see this function.
Plastic wood floor maintenance tips
1. After the plastic wood floor is installed, remove dirt and residues with soap, hot water and hard brush.
2. Gently wipe the mark printed on the side of the plastic wood floor with alcohol or acetone.
3. Use conventional floor cleaners or cleaners containing bleach (sodium hypochlorite) and detergent.
4. If there are grease stains on the floor, immediately remove them with household degreasing agent, and then rinse them with hot water.
5. Clean chalk marked areas with hot soapy water and bleach. Colored chalk marks are stubborn and cannot be removed, so consider using white chalk or talc on the floor.
6. Melting ice and calcium chloride or rock salt on the floor is available in most home product maintenance stores. When the ice begins to melt, wash it off.
7. Remove ink stains with hot soapy water and then wash thoroughly.
8. Use cleaning products containing oxalic acid or phosphoric acid to remove dirt and rust stains on the floor. This will reduce the stain and may also remove it.
9. Use common rust cleaner to remove pigment precipitation pollution caused by floor weathering.
10. According to the instructions on the bleach package, mix the bleach into hot water to clean wine stains and fruit stains. Gently wipe the stain and rinse with hot water.
YIDA WPC is a leading wood-plastic composite material factory in Ningbo, China. We have more than 10 years of production experience in manufacturing outdoor floors, outdoor tables and chairs, indoor and outdoor wall panels, stair panels, ceilings, fences, railings, garden handrails, garden pavilions, flower boxes, flower stands, etc. The product has the advantages of waterproof, anti-corrosion, moisture-proof, insect-proof, maintenance-free, green, recyclable, and easy to install. It is widely used in various fields such as building materials, decoration materials, packaging and transportation.